console info

From: objc
Subject: console info
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 21:58:16 +0100

Hi Sven,
I'm messing around with MS Windows right now...
One interesting way is
"How to spawn console processes with redirected standard handles"
sample code at :
and it is quite a general solution for many applications (such as using guile with windows).
related :
Having a console with windows is easy to do, and VERY useful for writing debug info using a simple printf(). (compile with a -mconsole flag).
You could hack around your guile source of course ;O).
Hope this helps,

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 8:28 PM
Subject: (no subject)

I’m new in this list and I use Guile for the first time.

I start Guile in a program written in C.

Is it possible to disable the output “guile>” at the standard output?

That means, when I start Guile there is no “guile>” in the command line but I can give instructions to the interpreter.

I hope somebody can help me with this problem.