Re: C module problem

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: C module problem
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:37:28 +0100

Hi Aidan,

On Mon 28 Feb 2011 09:13, Aidan Gauland <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to write a simple C module for Guile (for the learning
> experience) and I have run into a cryptic error.

Apologies for this.  It is actually a libltdl issue:

  "As I am sure many are aware, libltdl's error reporting is pretty
  dumb, lt_dlerror() regularly reports things like "file not found"
  where the actual problem might be something completely different, and
  a reasonable error string may be readily available from dlerror()."

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2010-06/msg00056.html

> gcc -shared -o sdl-guile.so -fPIC sdl-guile.c `guile-config compile`
> `sdl-config --cflags`

In this case loading the library fails probably because you did not add
SDL libs.  `sdl-config --cflags --libs` perhaps?  Just a guess.

That said, the dynamic FFI is more fun; and also, there is a guile-sdl
package out there somewhere.

Cheers,

Andy
--