Re: gh_repl

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: gh_repl
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 18:35:02 +0100

On Sun 25 Sep 2011 05:54, Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> What is the replacement for gh_repl?

I don't know!  When I started with Guile in 2003 I think the GH API was
already deprecated :)

> Which is to say, if I'm using Guile as an extension language, what
> command should I execute in C to drop me into the Guile REPL?

What should happen when the user does a C-d at the REPL?  If the answer
is that the application quits, then it's probably scm_shell().
Otherwise there isn't a very good answer.

scm_call_1 (scm_public_ref ("ice-9 top-repl", "top-repl")) ?

Do we need a better answer here? :)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/