Re: Guile OpenGL bindings

From: vimml
Subject: Re: Guile OpenGL bindings
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 21:56:11 +0100

Hej,

this all sounds really cool :-)

I hacked a little bit of code to generate C bindings for what is specified in
the glcorearb.h file. I also wrote a small script to extract the gl constants
and define them as scheme variables.
This is all *really* hacky stuff, but if somebody wants to have a lookt at it...

On 21:29 Fri 01 Feb     , Daniel Hartwig wrote:
> The real critical part will be how the user manipulates their vertex
> data, if this is done frequently on the scheme side.  Mapping (typed)
> bytevectors, or srfi-4 to gl arrays will help with that, and avoiding
> the implicit type conversions that some other bindings perform.
I did use r6rs bytevectors (bytevector-ieeee-single-native-ref...) to plow
through my data and it was rather sluggish. It's quite possible that I did
someting terribly wrong, but I went back to do the crunching in C...

On 13:16 Fri 01 Feb     , Andy Wingo wrote:
>   https://gitorious.org/guile-figl
Looking forward to have a look at your code :-)

Happy Hacking,
        Kai :)