Re: GNU Hurd on $scheme

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: GNU Hurd on $scheme
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 08:04:46 +0800

On 2 February 2013 18:19, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Daniel Hartwig <address@hidden> skribis:
>> After bootstrapping my current pet project,
>
> So you already started?

“Any day now.”

> I think there are really two approaches: one is to augment the Hurd with
> Guile APIs and servers, and another one is to write a Scheme OS (like
> Göran’s http://weinholt.se/nygos/).  You’re taking the first one, right?

Primarily the second, I think.  Guile APIs for the Hurd will be
constructed, but I plan to implement from the security kernel down in
Scheme, the target environment having most of core servers and kernel
running in a single VM process.

How well that works in practice is anyones guess.

> For the Hurd, I’d start by writing some sort of a MiG in Scheme macros.

This should permit porting the servers without having a Scheme kernel, right?

Regards