Re: sph.io libraries

From: Max
Subject: Re: sph.io libraries
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:15:54 +0200

Wow, that sounds like a lot of maintenance burden - have you considered using
open
source hosting which specialize on fixing those?
Something like https://gitorious.org/ or http://hub.darcs.net/ depending on
your vcs
preference. On a related note - using something like jekyll or hakyll to
generate
plain-text website content could solve db issue once and for all while improving
security at the same time.

Getting back to the question which got me interested in your libraries in a
first
place - do you have some working examples?
I'm especially curious in 'process' and 'record': I'd like to spawn plenty of
long-running processes while setting env. variable to process-specific value and
saving process pid into some data structure for further interacting with it.

For example, I'd like to spawn proc1 with DISP=X1, proc2 with DISP=X2 etc and
I'd
like to save that into record with (proc1, X1, pid1), (proc2, X2, pid2)

How do I implement it using 'process' and 'record' from sph.io? How do I later
access
pid2 for example? How do I iterate over all the records?

The existing docs are nice but they are too brief for newbies :(