Re: ossaulib dbus error

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: ossaulib dbus error
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:23:55 +0100

On 2014-07-22 17:00, Max wrote:
Hi.

I'm trying to use dbus from ossaulib (as far as I recall it's the only
dbus library
for guile which is still alive) but got errors from the very beginning:
_____
(set! %load-path (append %load-path '("/home/lol/source/ossaulib/")))

(use-modules (oop goops) (gnome gobject) (gnome glib) (gnome gtk)
(glib dbus) (os
process) (gnome gobject utils))
_____

guile-gnome-2 dbus-test.scm

;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
;;; compiling /home/god/source/lisp/dbus-test.scm
;;; WARNING: compilation of /home/god/source/lisp/dbus-test.scm failed:
;;; ERROR: no code for module (glib dbus)

Any ideas why guile does not see it?

I've checked ossaulib/ and glib/dbus.scm is right there.

You're clearly also using guile-gnome. I wonder if there's also a (glib ...) hierarchy provided by guile-gnome, and if that might be conflicting with the (glib ...) modules in ossaulib?

You could try renaming the "glib" directory in ossaulib to something else, and correspondingly replacing (glib ...) throughout the ossaulib source. If there is a conflict with guile-gnome, that should avoid it.

Regards,
     Neil