How do you earn money with Guile?

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: How do you earn money with Guile?
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 11:32:24 +0200

Hi,

> “I would take Guile seriously when someone earned money with it.”
> — someone from IRC

When I saw this on IRC, I realized that the there’s something to it:
When a professional sees something new and is unsure whether it can be
useful to business, it’s sensible to first check whether someone else
already earns money with it. That doesn’t work for the first person, but
it works for all others.

So I want to ask you: Do you earn part of your income by programming
with Guile?

I’ll go first: I used Guile for a few tasks for my PhD thesis (which I
got paid for).

The first main task was to assemble commandlines for my plotting tool
where my previous shell scripts became a maintenance nightmare. All in
all that’s about 300 lines of Guile Scheme. I’ll be using Guile for this
again in the following months.

The second main task was to build an Ensemble Kalman Filter to get a
deeper understanding of the method. That’s about 266 lines of Guile wisp
and available online:
https://bitbucket.org/ArneBab/wisp/src/v0.9.0/examples/ensemble-estimation.w

I’d be glad to hear how you earn money with Guile!

Best wishes,
Arne Babenhauserheide

PS: Earning money with Free Software is awesome!