Re: out-of-control GC

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: out-of-control GC
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 18:17:21 +0200

Marko Rauhamaa <address@hidden> writes:
> I have no idea how good Guile's performance is. Python's performance is
> probably about 100 times worse than C, yet it's the fast becoming the
> most popular programming language in the world.

One of the reasons for that is that you can get it to native C for most
non-trivial tasks by writing an extension in C.

If I understand it right, Linas is doing just that for Guile, and that
shows problems, which means that something is blocking the path to
much wider usecases. So getting that fixed would be great!

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein