Re: Website translations with Haunt

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Website translations with Haunt
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 15:01:16 +0100

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 10:16:04AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi!
>
> "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > I want to ask for your thoughts on my new solution since translations
> > are probably important to many Haunt users.  In particular, I believe
> > there was some discussion on Website translation on the Guile or Guix
> > lists as well.
>
> I’d love those sites to support translation!  If we could integrate your
> solution as a Haunt extension or something, that’d be great.
>
> Speaking of Gettext, it might be interesting to see whether there ideas
> that could be borrowed from Gnunited Nations:
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/gnun/

Hmm I don’t think Haunt should replace too many functions of the build
system.  (The current “haunt build” and “haunt serve” are few and
helpful when not using a bigger build system, even though maybe they
should go away in the long run in favor of build system integration.)
As I understand, GNUnited Nations mostly means integration into the
GNU Autotools build system or Makefiles.  Integration is desirable
IMHO but I believe not everyone wants the same workflow as GNUnited
Nations, so Make targets like theirs probably should not be part of
Haunt.

Regards,
Florian