Re: GUI Framework Options

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: GUI Framework Options
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 16:12:53 -0300

Hello,

> > Is there somewhere a list of all GUI frameworks one can use with Guile
> > 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 (I think 2.2.4 is latest stable)?

As Mike said, nothing usable at the moment if you 'are looking for and
'absolutely
need' GTK3 bindings, but if GTK2 is ok for you, then you may indeed use
Guile-Gnome:
though it binds (very) old version of GTK2 and some other gnome libs, it is
'rock
solid'.

> > I tried getting Guile Gnome (https://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/)
> > to work, but failed multiple times.

Sorry to hear that, but I'd be very pleased to help you [1]:

        what failed 'several times' ?

        did you carefully read and implement the steps described in INSTALL, or
on
        the download page ?

Cheers,
David

[1]     it would be easier, if you can, to solve this while chating on #guile on
        freenode, where I hang most of the time, my alias is 'daviid'