Re: guile-json 2.0.0 released

From: rain1
Subject: Re: guile-json 2.0.0 released
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 23:48:34 +0000

On 2018-12-18 16:45, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hello!

Thanks for the new release!

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <address@hidden> skribis:

I was also thinking to look at "reader macros"

I’d recommend against that: reader macros are global, so they could
clash with unrelated bits of code, they are non-standard, and they often
don’t buy you much.

There are cases where having a shorthand, like #' or #~ in Guix makes a
real difference, but for a dictionary data type, you could do with a
regular macro.

Ludo’.

There is no need for a macro, just a regular function that turns a s-exp into a hash table.