guix-devel

Re: Gtk+ 3

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Gtk+ 3
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 21:35:15 +0200

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 02:12:13PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Cool!  What kind of files are these?  For /etc/{services,protocols,rpc},
> you could use net-base.

The error messages are as follows:
D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read
machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": No such file or
directory. See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.

> Sounds like a plan.  What about making the switch in a branch, and
> adding a jobset on Hydra for that branch?  That way, if there’s too much
> breakage, that allows things to be fixed calmly.

That would have made sense, but so far, we have only seven packages using
gtk+ (two if which, racket and xnee, turn out to also work with gtk+-3),
so I tested them by hand and just pushed the patch.

Andreas