guix-devel

Re: Preliminary MIPS N32 port now available

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Preliminary MIPS N32 port now available
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 23:03:18 -0400

Hi Nikita,

Nikita Karetnikov <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried to build ‘hello’ twice, and the following error occurred each
> time:
>
> stripping binaries in
> "/nix/store/hl8khv4qip9nwbm1qm93irbz9has4wrd-gcc-cross-boot0-4.7.3/bin"
> with "strip" and flags ("--strip-debug")
> phase `strip' succeeded after 17 seconds
> error (ignored): aborting transaction: cannot rollback - no transaction is
> active
> guix package: error: build failed: committing transaction: disk I/O error
>
> I guess something is wrong with my system, what should I check?

I looked into this, and the problem is an incompatibility between SQLite
and JFS.  When SQLite commits a transaction, it uses 'fsync' on a
directory, which is apparently not supported by JFS.  This problem was
noticed by an AIX user back in 2008.  It looks like they worked around
the problem by changing SQLite's behavior on AIX systems, but that
obviously doesn't help you.

  http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.comp.db.sqlite.general/thread=39682

I think your best option is to switch back to ext3 or ext4.

     Mark