guix-devel

Re: Gnunet-0.10.0 recipe

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Gnunet-0.10.0 recipe
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:05:37 +0100

Sree Harsha Totakura <address@hidden> skribis:

> On 01/30/2014 11:39 PM, Andreas Enge wrote:

[...]

>> I have additional inputs:
>>       ("libmicrohttpd" ,libmicrohttpd)
>>       ("openssl" ,openssl) ; needed for some tests creating TLS certificates
>>
>> Maybe openssl is a remainder from an earlier gnunet version and not needed/
>> used anymore?
>
> The README mentions openssl as a requirement; I forgot to add it.

Note for upstream: It would be great to use GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL,
especially given that OpenSSL’s license may be incompatible with the GPL
in this case.

Could you check with ‘guix gc --references $(guix build gnunet)’ if the
reference on OpenSSL is retained?  If not, that’s fine, but otherwise
that’s not cool.

Cheers,
Ludo’.