guix-devel

Re: New Hydra build slaves

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: New Hydra build slaves
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:11:34 +0100

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Sree Harsha Totakura <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> On 03/03/2014 11:31 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>> BTW, it would be great if someone would volunteer to help with
>>> administration of Hydra and the build machines.  So if someone is
>>> interested, please let me know.
>>
>> Since I am here at TUM, I can help with volunteering the server here.
>> How can I help?
>
> […]
>
> I was actually thinking of general Hydra administration.  Occasionally
> machines may have troubles, like transient errors (networking, disk
> space, random build issues, etc.) requiring manual intervention, or
> occasional Hydra upgrades.
>
> There’s also the problem that our current setup is fairly hackish.
> Having scripts to automate some of the tasks would be an improvement.

I'd be pretty interested in getting involved in the system admin.

I have experience with scripting and general maintenance of debian based
systems, but no specific experience of working with or administrating
hydra. Willing to learn though.

Let me know what you think — would understand if you're looking for
someone with more specific experience.

Best wishes,

Alex