guix-devel

Searchable archive at MARC?

From: Hank Leininger
Subject: Searchable archive at MARC?
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 01:44:40 -0400

Hi folks,

I recently ran across Guix.  I help run the MARC mailing list archives
at https://marc.info/, and we don't currently carry any of the guix-*
lists.

Would there be any objection to the guix lists being added?  We don't do
the email-stripping, 'address@hidden' header & body munging, and
/mp/yyz.py lookup thing that the existing public archives at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ do - just some "lite" munging of From:
headers, but we are hands-off bodies so that we don't break patches,
PGP signatures, etc.  So, that may concern some people.

Of course, the public archives at ftp://lists.gnu.org/ don't do any of
that either, nor does the git web interface on savannah, so hopefully
the Guix community would be OK with searchable list archives at MARC.

(I just bulk-added the nix-devel list, which does have existing
completely open archives - it will take a while for MARC's indexer to
catch up.)

Thanks,

--

Hank Leininger <address@hidden>
3C2A 4EEE ED36 D136 18F2  1B30 47A8 D14B E13E 9C6A