guix-devel

Re: Coordinating package meta-data translation

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: Coordinating package meta-data translation
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 22:10:08 +0200

Saluton Ludoviko,

On 2014-06-14 22:57, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Here it is:
>
> http://www.fdn.fr/~lcourtes/software/guix/guix-0.6.90.tar.gz

Okay.  Looks good.  On second thought, it would probably be better to
filter out the obsolete messages for each domain.  In both po/guix
and po/packages you could run this:

for file in *.po;
  do msgattrib --no-obsolete $file >pof;
  mv pof $file;
done

Also, in the po/*/Makevars files you may want to add --no-wrap to
the XGETTEXT_OPTIONS.  It makes the POT files look better.  And
then add MSGMERGE_OPTIONS = --no-wrap too, because all the PO files
on the TP are msgmerged with that option and if you don't it will
create a lot of unneeded wrapping and unwrapping in the commits of
the PO files.

As far as I can tell the guix-packages.pot file now contains only
descriptions of GNU packages, so you would want that POT file to be
translated by the web translators, no?  It should not be registered
at the TP, right?

By the way, I saw the term "narinfo" somewhere, and then had to dig
through the source a bit to learn that "nar" stands for Nix archive.
A translator comment might be useful there.

Regards,

Benno