guix-devel

Re: Troubles with install image

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: Troubles with install image
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:34:22 -0400

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 3:27 AM, Sree Harsha Totakura
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 07/15/2014 03:54 AM, David Thompson wrote:
>> Since hydra seems to always be under a lot of stress, I wonder if I
>> should set up another machine of mine to serve substitutes or even just
>> offload builds so that my installation can complete.  Is this relatively
>> easy to set up?
>
> I once tried it on a Debian and it was not easy.  Ludo advised to set it up
> using Nix and from what I later found, it is easy to do it on Nix.

Are you referring to offloading builds or using a replacement to
hydra.gnu.org for serving substitutes?

Offloading builds seems like a good enough solution for now, but I'm
not sure if there is support for offloading i686 builds to an x86_64
machine.

I want to have this up and running before the release.  I'm so close,
just need to get over this last (fingers crossed) hurdle.