guix-devel

Re: Problems with downloading from https

From: Ian Denhardt
Subject: Re: Problems with downloading from https
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:02:55 -0400

Quoting Alex Kost (2014-10-25 13:30:26)
> Hello, I noticed <http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18831>
> and decided to ask about a similar problem I have.
>
> Whenever I try to download anything from https, I get an error, for
> example:

> $ guix download https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guix/
> starting download of `/tmp/guix-file.Z7tZhy' from
> `https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guix/'...
> ;;; Failed to autoload make-session in (gnutls):
> ;;; ERROR: missing interface for module (gnutls)
> ERROR: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: make-session
> failed to download "/tmp/guix-file.Z7tZhy" from
> "https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guix/";
> guix download: error: https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guix/: download failed
>
> I have a feeling that I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure
> it out.  Any help appreciated.

Huh, I assumed this was just me having set up something wrong. Either
this is an actual bug, or we've hit the same pitfall with configuration.

Do others have this working? What's your setup like? I'm running in a
git checkout on an up-to-date Archlinux system, set up according to the
instructions in the README.

-Ian