guix-devel

Re: wip-libreoffice status?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: wip-libreoffice status?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 13:12:33 +0100

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 12:03:46PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
     What’s the status of wip-libreoffice?  It seems to have built
     successfully a couple of times:

http://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/wip-libreoffice/libreoffice-4.3.2.2.x86_64-linux

     What about cherry-picking the relevant commits into master (after ‘nss’
     has been committed)?  Perhaps some cleanup is needed before?

As I recall, the status was that one of the self tests failed (crashed on
startup).

(The libreoffice build system, runs the tests in the "make" target, not the
"make check" target.)

In order to try to diagnose the problem, I pushed a change which should have
caused the test to run under gdb.  This change also had the unintended
consequence that it masked the return value of the test, meaning that it
"passes" instead of fails.

It's not entirely clear what that test is supposed to be doing.

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3