guix-devel

Re: wip-gobject-introspection

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: Re: wip-gobject-introspection
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 19:57:58 +0100

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> wrote:
> At this point, it would be good to rebase (not merge) the
> 'wip-gobject-introspection' branch on current master.  Presently, the
> branch is based on master before core-updates was merged, which means a
> considerably different core system than what we currently have.

I would like to double check if I'm the only one having done any
commits to wip-gobject-introspection branch (even local, not pushed
ones.  This is because the git manual warns people away from rebasing
branches which have been made public and on which somebody else has
done some work. So, I would like to make sure I don't mess up with
anyone.

If I understand correctly this is the command I would issue from the
wip-gobject-introspection branch:

git rebase master

> Note that since 'udev' was removed completely in core-updates, and now
> 'eudev' is its own package that doesn't inherit from, your 'eudev'
> commits will have to be manually adjusted.

OK

I've also noticed that xorg-server failed to pass a test on hydra. I'm
surprised because on my x86_64 machine everything goes smooth.  Maybe
the rebase will help as I see that master has a newer xorg-server
version.

Regards,
Fede