guix-devel

Re: Match-error for patches

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Match-error for patches
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 17:32:36 +0100

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 03:21:33PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Could it be that the installed Guix was miscompiled?  Does
>> ~/.config/guix/latest exist?
>
> There is no ~/.config/guix. When is it created?

The first time ‘guix pull’ is run.

> I also tried to remove the installed guix (except for the database, of
> course), "make distclean" and new compilation. The problem remained.

Hmm, weird (“make clean-go && make” is usually enough.)

>> Indeed, there’s a substitute for
>> /gnu/store/kjxy0nlkgc6b4g8yx9ss6s4sxyhb25ci-soprano-2.9.4
>> (x86_64-linux.)
>> Are you building the same one?
>
> Yes. But I tried yesterday before the substitute existed.
>
> Now I am getting the same problem with my local kdelibs package.

The backtrace indicates a match-error here:

                 (match patch
                   ((? string?)
                    (add-to-store store (basename patch) #t
                                  "sha256" patch))
                   ((? origin?)
                    (package-source-derivation store patch system)))

Presumably that means that PATCH is #f, which can happen if
‘search-patch’ returned #f, due to the patch not being found in the
search path (patch not installed, or file name typo?).

Could you check that?

Thanks,
Ludo’.