guix-devel

Re: A couple roadblocks using guix

From: Omar Radwan
Subject: Re: A couple roadblocks using guix
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 12:27:46 -0800

Also, "guix package -i python" as user & root doesn't allow me to use it.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Omar Radwan <address@hidden> wrote:
>Yes:

>  guix pull && guix system reconfigure /path/to/config.scm

Thanks very much for that. But I still can't pass a (dhcp-client-service) in the services declaration, without getting an error that I wasn't passing enough arguments with that statement.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 1:48 PM, Andreas Enge <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 09:43:34AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> So in general I agree it’s a good idea, and it’s easily done with
> ‘union-build’, so if people know of useful meta-packages, please
> send a patch.

Why not an empty package with only propagated inputs?

Andreas