guix-devel

Re: Server unrresponsive

From: Adam Pribyl
Subject: Re: Server unrresponsive
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:04:11 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015, John Darrington wrote:

I kindof presumed it was the bandwidth to hydra which was the problem.  Not the
machine itself.

Are you sure which problem needs to be solved before we spend $$$ on it?

Most of the time I was seeing that hydra is unresponsive and guix will fetch the source instead a substitute, but ATM I am getting a message:

guix substitute-binary: warning: while fetching http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/nax41ygqk14w23nbyzfh4i23vxl3qf01-python-3.3.5: server is somewhat slow

but it is still fetching the substitute from there. The hydra admin should find what is the cause.