guix-devel

Locales not working

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Locales not working
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 19:06:03 +0100

Hello,

after the latest upgrade of my profile, the locales do not seem to work
any more. All the fancy utf8 in your messages is broken in mutt, and
the locale command returns:
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Do I need to set anything special? Install a separate package?

In the meantime, hooray for "--roll-back"! Äöüß!

Andreas