guix-devel

Re: Test failure cpan

From: Eric Bavier
Subject: Re: Test failure cpan
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 15:55:25 -0600

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 16:31:26 -0500
David Thompson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just ran a "make check", and got a failure in the cpan test. Here is the
> > cpan.log:
> >
> > accepted connection from pid 9095, uid 1000
> > spurious SIGPOLL
> > 415 operations
> > accepted connection from pid 9095, uid 1000
> > 1 operations
> > %%%% Starting test cpan  (Writing full log to "cpan.log")
> > tests/cpan.scm:63: FAIL cpan->guix-package
> > # of unexpected failures  1
> > ;;; note: source file ./srfi/srfi-64.scm
> > ;;;       newer than compiled
> > /gnu/store/zjhaqhfbwkh5n4cbsrk8h7bg8yqrimls-guile-2.0.11/lib/guile/2.0/ccache/srfi/srfi-64.go
> > FAIL tests/cpan.scm (exit status: 1)
> >
> > I suppose it is related to the recent changes by Eric on the perl
> > import.
>
> Mark just pushed a patch that fixes a 'guix pull' issue caused by the
> CPAN importer.  Perhaps the tests will pass now?

I hope it fixes the 'guix pull' issue, but I don't think it will fix
the test failure.  I'm updating the test and will push a fix soon.  My
last commits changed the behavior of how module dependencies are
handled, and I failed to update the results that the test expects.

Sorry about the mess.

`~Eric