guix-devel

Re: Website implementation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Website implementation
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:30:51 +0100

David Thompson <address@hidden> skribis:

> Luis Felipe López Acevedo <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>>      - Skribilo <http://www.nongnu.org/skribilo/>
>
> I haven't used Skribilo enough to know if it should be used for this
> purpose.  Ludo?

The “Example” section of the web page can give you a feel of what it’s
like.  Basically, you write a ‘document’ form:

  (document :title [My Stuff]

    (chapter :title [Foo]
      (p [This is some text.])))

Then run:

  skribilo -t html -o foo.html foo.skb

And you’re done.

Then there are “customs” that can be set to specify whether to use
separate HTML pages for chapters, what CSS file to use, etc.

> Lisps have built-in templating via quasiqoute, so you can do any
> transformations you'd like on the resulting s-expression.  SXML is a
> popular way of writing XML/HTML templates in Lisp.  See guix-web for
> examples. [1]

Another simple example is the build-aux/list-packages.scm program in the
Guix source tree, which is used to generate
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/package-list.html>.

HTH,
Ludo’.