guix-devel

Re: GuixSD tee-shirts and hoodies available

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: GuixSD tee-shirts and hoodies available
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 13:08:45 -0500

On 2015-04-09 10:45, Thompson, David wrote:
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Luis Felipe López Acevedo
<address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I just created a GuixSD tee-shirt and hoodie in teespring:
http://teespring.com/guixsd-for-the-libre-geek .

For those who can afford it, I hope you enjoy it :)

Awesome!  I bought a t-shirt.  I'm curious how the colors will turn
out, though.  There's a gradient in the logo and the number of
different colors that can be used on a shirt is usually quite limited,
but for $20 including shipping I figured it was worth the risk.  :)

I hope they will work alright. Before sending the image, I took the time to to modify it using Inkscape's color management features. I had to change the colors of the original logo to be in the range of colors supported by the CMYK profile I use in Scribus for printed material.

As for the gradients, I'm optimistic, because I've seen Gamma Ray shirts with similar colors.

But I'm pretty much new to printing...

If these ever happen to be in demand, I think that we could propose it
as an item for the FSF/GNU Press store.

For sure.

This reminds me that I've been meaning to order a small batch of Guix
stickers...

- Dave

Thanks for your support, Dave.

--