guix-devel

Re: OfflineIMAP and Python

From: Paul van der Walt
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP and Python
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:32:46 +0200

On 2015-04-23 at 21:04, quoth Ludovic Courtès:
> But I suspect that gives you /usr/bin/python instead of
> /home/paul/.guix-profile/bin/python no?  Changing the shebang to
> explicitly use the latter would be safer.

Ah i hadn't understood that. Okay, i've put the literal Guix python path
there, but it still gives me the "assert" errors. This does not happen
if i `guix package -r offlineimap`. Therefore, i don't think that was
the problem. What do you mean about 'execve'? (Interestingly enough,
running the strace command gives the old missing symbol error, just
running `offlineimap` gives me the assert errors....)