guix-devel

Synaptics & libinput driver

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Synaptics & libinput driver
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 22:40:52 +0200

Alex Kost <address@hidden> skribis:

> Daniel Pimentel (2015-05-20 16:12 +0300) wrote:
>
>> On 2015-05-20 09:24, address@hidden wrote:
>>> Daniel Pimentel <address@hidden> skribis:

[...]

>> Allright, so I needed to add this code to my touchpad work well:
>>
>> Section "InputClass"
>>   Identifier "touchpad catchall"
>>   Driver "synaptics"
>>   MatchIsTouchpad "on"
>>   Option "TapButton1" "1"
>>   Option "TapButton2" "-1"
>>   Option "TapButton3" "3"
>>   Option "VertEdgeScroll" "on"
>>   Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "on"
>> EndSection
>>
>> What's solution? Add it to config.scm (is very long code to it?)?
>
> It's probably not a solution for you, but what I do is: I have Xorg
> server and required modules (xf86-input-evdev, …) installed in my
> user profile; and I start it with "-configdir /path/to/my/xorg.conf.d"
> option.

Commit d1cdd7b adds a more pleasant solution whereby one can specify
text to be added verbatim to the Xorg config file, like:

  (define input-class
    "Section \"InputClass" ...")

  (define (my-slim-service)
    (mlet %store-monad ((config (xorg-configuration-file
                                 #:extra-config (list input-class)))
                        (startx (xorg-start-command
                                 #:configuration-file config)))
      (slim-service #:startx startx)))

  (operating-system
    ;; ...
    (services (cons (my-slim-service) ...)))

But more importantly, it seems to be that these things are supposed to
work out-of-the-box nowadays.

Commit c2ee19e adds the libinput Xorg driver in the server configuration
file, which might help.  It is described as the “future” of input
drivers:

  http://who-t.blogspot.fr/2015/01/xf86-input-libinput-compatibility-with.html

Ludo’.