guix-devel

HTTP and FTP proxies for guix package / guix-daemon

From: 韋嘉誠
Subject: HTTP and FTP proxies for guix package / guix-daemon
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 00:03:33 +0200

When running guix in a VM I usually run into various connectivity
problems. VirtualBox on Windows seems to do some helpful FTP
transparent proxying which breaks everything and in another case I
don't have internet connectivity due to how the VM is set up.

Is there a way to make guix-daemon talk to a proxy when downloading
substitutions and source archives?

I tried starting it with http_proxy set, but I'm not sure it responded
to it (as I'm writing this ISTR having read and tested that an updated
guix does this right).

This is only for http, though. Lots of source archives get fetched
over ftp, is there some way to make it get ftp over a proxy too?