guix-devel

Re: lsh-server in %desktop-services ?

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: Re: lsh-server in %desktop-services ?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 00:06:42 +0200

> What do others think?

I always have an ssh server running on my "desktop" machines, but I
would probably be surprised if a default "desktop" configuration had
this.  It seems counter-intuitive, and I can see someone use a trivial
password or no password on their desktop machine because they assume
it's not possible to log in to it via the network.

Especially in the utopian future where even many technically unsavvy
people use GuixSD, it might be a security risk. ;-)

Taylan