guix-devel

Re: Problems with wifi connection on one single network, can't ping gate

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Problems with wifi connection on one single network, can't ping gateway
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 02:48:59 -0400

白い熊@相撲道 <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm running GuixSD, latest git pull on the Gluglug X200.

Excellent!  I'm also running GuixSD on a Libreboot X200.

> Using wifi
> via commandline, wpa_supplicant, as I will demonstrate below. The
> usage is problemless on all wifi networks, even on the road, however I
> have a problem with my home wifi - which is a pain.
>
> The problem is, it will connect, but then internet is inaccessible, I
> can't ping my gateway address.

If you pass -d to wpa_supplicant, it will output debugging information.
You can also pass -dd for even more detail.  You might also want to
remove the -B option so that it runs in the foreground when debugging.

You might consider using wicd, the wireless connection daemon, which
might include heuristics to deal with common problems, and anyway it is
quite convenient to use.

If you'd like to use wicd, make these changes to your OS config:

* Add (wicd-service) to 'services', and remove (dhcp-client-service).
* Add wicd to the list passed to 'dbus-service'.
* Add wicd to 'packages'.

     Mark