guix-devel

Re: use of git-fetch

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: Re: use of git-fetch
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 08:29:39 +0200

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:10 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Federico Beffa <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>>               (sha256
>>                (base32
>>                 "06mc7kh3fzdh2mqkyynjnp0xpv30yfaiik8bqv8z5b6hldji3cky"))))
>
> [...]
>
>>               (sha256
>>                (base32
>>                 "06mc7kh3fzdh2mqkyynjnp0xpv30yfaiik8bqv8z5b6hldji3cky"))))
>
> Both recipes are telling that they use the same source.  So the daemon
> cleverly saves one download since it already has the thing with that
> hash on disk.  See?  :-)

Thanks for the reply!

I thought about this and, before posting, I also tried with an hash
where the first character was changed from '0' to '6'. It gave the
same result, even after deleting any existing 'emacs-dash' and
'emacs-s' derivation in the store. In my understanding that shouldn't
happen. Is that correct?

By changing the hash to a totally different one (a string of '6's) it
downloads the right repo. As expected, it complains about the hash and
gives me the right one which I can copy into the package recipe.
(That's The Lazy work-flow :-).)

Regards,
Fede