guix-devel

Re: Fundraising!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Fundraising!
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:47:06 +0100

Hi!

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> Now this is official: we accept donations through the FSF!
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=8423
>   https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/fsf-announces-support-for-gnu-guix
>
> The donation page is at:
>
>   https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=50
>
> The first milestone is to replace the front-end for hydra.gnu.org, with
> the hope of getting it up and running within the next couple of months.
> Let’s build ourselves a better infrastructure!

It’s been a month since this has been available, and the good news is:

  http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/banners/2015fundraiser/guix-fundraiser-2016.html

That is, we have $8,000+, which is enough to buy a new machine for
hydra.gnu.org and to host it.  We’ll be able to put additional money to
good use, notably to buy extra build machines as noted in the post
above.  We are bootstrapping community funding for the project, which is
really cool, and an important milestone.

Big thanks to everyone who donated already, it’s heartening!

We’ll put the counter on the web site (we didn’t have direct access to
it until now), and get ready to buy and install the new hardware.  :-)

Ludo’.