guix-devel

Re: gst-plugins-good

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: gst-plugins-good
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 09:54:25 +0800

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 10:23:20PM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
>> ANYWAY, it turns out gstreamer 1.7.x is an unstable release, and 1.8.x should
>> be coming out "soon". Extremely frusterating to bang my head against this for
>> so long and find out this is why.
>
> Yes, this is why I had decided against updating it in Guix, the test failures
> on non-x86 notwithstanding. I think we should wait for the stable release.
> What do you and others think?
Sure, we should use stable releases of GStreamer, and 1.6.3 is just
comming out.  I'll do the update later.

Sorry I didn't follow the issue.  What break on master due to the update
of libvpx?  Since hydra is busy with core-updates, I think we can work
on a separate branch, and pick it later after core-updates merged.