guix-devel

command-not-found

From: Ben Woodcroft
Subject: command-not-found
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 14:57:49 +1000

Hi,

Seeing as guix is becoming more and more complete, it would be great to have 'command-not-found' [1] or similar available, so that typing in the name of an uninstalled binary begets a suggestion on which package(s) to install, like Ubuntu gives:

$ gitk
The program 'gitk' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install gitk

The database for this I imagine could be generated by hydra, no?

I note that ruby 2.3 comes with this implemented for method names which I find to be quite handy too.

Thanks,
ben

[1]: http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/command-not-found