guix-devel

Re: Adding build status to the package list table

From: Roel Janssen
Subject: Re: Adding build status to the package list table
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 00:23:32 +0100

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Roel Janssen <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>>
>>> Roel Janssen <address@hidden> skribis:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Good!  I applied the patch and deployed the new web page:
>>>
>>>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/
>>>
>>> However, it’s still failing:
>>>
>>>   17:00:49.802 Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy
>>> disallows reading the remote resource at
>>> http://hydra.gnu.org/api/latestbuilds?nr=1&project=gnu&jobset=master&job=aspell-dict-es-1.11-2.armhf-linux.
>>>  (Reason: CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing).1 <unknown>
>>>
>>> Ideas?
>>
>> Yes, I think it only works when the origin is hydra.gnu.org.  I
>> contacted the sysadmins again to figure this out.  Could you leave the
>> page there for a couple of days?  That way I can give them a live
>> example.
>
> Sure.
>
> But indeed, there’s no ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ HTTP header
> returned for <https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/>.

I've got a response, and it might be easier than I thought it would be.

We need to add the following line to the response header at
hydra.gnu.org:

  Access-Control-Allow-Origin: "http://www.gnu.org";

Here's how to do it:
  http://enable-cors.org/server_nginx.html

Which boils down to adding this line to the nginx config:
  add_header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' 'http://www.gnu.org';

Kind regards,
Roel