guix-devel

Re: GStreamer, PulseAudio and libvpx update

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: GStreamer, PulseAudio and libvpx update
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 18:43:09 +0100

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 07:15:11PM +0800, 宋文武 wrote:
> Yes, they're independent.  I update gstreamer and add gst-plugins-bad,
> the other are from Efraim Flashner's work.  Due to gst-plugins-good
> failed to pass some tests with the update of libvpx and pulseaudio,
> I think put them together may bring some luck.
> well, it seem the test failure of gst-plugins-good is unreleated to
> the update...

thanks for getting back to this! I actually had forgotten to mention that
I would be willing to work on this, sorry.

So far, I tried the following: On x86_64, gst-plugins-good builds without
problem with the new version of ao that Efraim already pushed to master
and the new pulseaudio version. One test fails if I also apply the libvpx
update.

So it looks like we could also update pulseaudio in master; according to
"guix refresh -l" there are 168 dependent packages. Is this too much?

In any case, we should now wait for security-updates to be applied to
master, and probably keep the old version of libvpx until after the
gstreamer update.

Andreas