guix-devel

The new Hydra

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: The new Hydra
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 22:47:23 +0100

Hi!

As you know the fundraiser has given us $8,000+ thanks to everyone here.
(8,266 to be precise, see
<http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/banners/2015fundraiser/guix-fundraiser-2016.html>.)

We intend to buy a server with hardware from Minifree¹, which can run
Libreboot.  Mark has already written a draft spec of the machine
(Minifree doesn’t sell ready-to-use boxes yet), and we’re at the stage
where we need to double-check that everything will work out correctly.
This should be less than $4,000.

The plan is to host the machine at Aquilenet², a French non-profit
(“association loi 1901”) registered as an ISP in the region of Bordeaux.
Andreas, Cyril, Mathieu, and myself are members of this organization;
Samuel Thibault, whom you may know from his work on the Hurd and Debian,
is one of the talented hackers leading it.  Hosting will cost on the
order of 600€ a year.

We’ll send updates as we make progress on this front.

Ludo’.

¹ http://minifree.org/product/libreboot-d16/
² https://www.aquilenet.fr