guix-devel

Re: GuixSD artwork

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: GuixSD artwork
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:23:47 +0100

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 04:59:17PM -0800, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> Why would we drop the checkerboard pattern again?  I like it a lot!

That of course is a question of taste; I am not so fond of it.
But my message was not to discuss matters of taste (which according
to German and French sayings is impossible). I seem to recall that
the pattern was simply an artefact of the program used to create
the png from the svg, and that it had been discussed and corrected.

> Yes, a nice GuixSD background by default might be nice.

And I also seem to recall that it was there before; or was that only
in ratpoison and not in xfce?

Andreas