guix-devel

Re: Guix on Debian (was: GSoC ideas)

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: Guix on Debian (was: GSoC ideas)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:20:44 -0500

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 2:04 AM, Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> wrote:

> For us acceptance in Debian is not a prime concern either. An
> installable .deb package is good enough to help regular users.
> Therefore I don't think you need to fix the binary bootstrapping as
> long as we can make it part of the automated build farm.

+1

Getting a Guix package into Debian is really not important, especially
given the amount of nasty hacks it would require to attempt to appease
the Debian developers.

Hosting a .deb file on our own server that users could download and
install with dpkg would be perfect for us.

Thanks for the hard work, Diane!

- Dave