guix-devel

Re: guix archive export/import and software deployment

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: guix archive export/import and software deployment
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 08:15:08 +0100

On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 11:02:48PM -0800, Chris Marusich wrote:
> > I think ‘guix package’ should have options to simplify this.
>
> Does that basically achieve a similar effect as the following in Nix?
>
> https://nixos.org/nix/manual/#sec-nix-copy-closure
>
> I haven't used Nix much yet, but it seems similar in spirit. I wonder if
> there's anything we could adapt from there.

Nix closures are close to Guix archives, it is the same underlying
mechanism by the guix/nix daemon. I am not sure what --include-outputs
does (where do these descriptive options come from?), but it may be
what I am looking for (packages that do not reference other packages,
despite being dependencies).

Pj.