guix-devel

Re: HTTPS for Hydra

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: HTTPS for Hydra
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 10:59:10 +0300

Ludovic Courtès (2016-03-19 00:08 +0300) wrote:

> Alex Kost <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> Roel Janssen (2016-03-18 00:53 +0300) wrote:
>>
>>> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Well, 10 seconds is a lot of time.  Time for a faster API response from
>>> Hydra ;)
>>
>> Heh, I also suffer from the slowness, as it makes impossible to look at
>> some particular Hydra info using emacs interface (for example, by
>> pressing "B" in a "Guix Package List" buffer), as things like this:
>>
>>   http://hydra.gnu.org/api/latestbuilds?nr=3&job=wget-1.17.1.x86_64-linux
>>
>> always time out :-(
>
> I’ve noticed that too, but what to do?

I was just complaining :-) I realize that Hydra is horribly overloaded,
so apparently nothing can be done with this.

> 10 seconds is already way more than what is acceptable from a UI
> viewpoint.  Increasing the timeout may contribute to increasing the load
> on the machine, too.

Sure, I didn't mean to increase the timeout.  I agree with Roel that 10
seconds is a lot of time.  As I said I was just complaining, and
actually I didn't expect any reply on that message.  Sorry for
bothering :-)

--
Alex