guix-devel

help with setenv of perl-curses

From: ng0
Subject: help with setenv of perl-curses
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 01:23:16 +0000

This is what I have so far, after many tries.
There was a generation which had a let for the ncurses in the phase,
but I seem not to be able to get the CURSES_CFLAGS and CURSES_CFLAGS
to pass along right.

(define-public perl-curses
  (package
   (name "perl-curses")
   (version "1.34")
   (source
    (origin
     (method url-fetch)
     (uri (string-append
           "https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/G/GI/GIRAFFED/Curses-";
           version
           ".tar.gz"))
     (sha256
      (base32
       "0arj9llgwim4lilgxc1r3dyqw40210yhzfghbypnbqkbjkal93l0"))))
   (build-system perl-build-system)
   (inputs `(("ncurses" ,ncurses)))
   (arguments
    `(#:phases
      (modify-phases %standard-phases
                     (add-before
                      'configure 'set-curses-ldflags
                      (lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
                               (setenv "CURSES_LDFLAGS"
                                       (string-append "-L" (assoc-ref inputs
"ncurses")
                                                      "/lib/ncurses.so"
"-lncurses"))
                               (setenv "CURSES_CFLAGS"
                                       (string-append "-I" (assoc-ref inputs
"ncurses")
                                                      "/include")))))))
   (home-page "https://search.cpan.org/dist/Curses";)
   (synopsis
    "Terminal screen handling and optimization")
   (description
    "Curses is the interface between Perl and your system's curses library.")
   (license (package-license perl))))

;;export CURSES_LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/ncurses -lncurses"
;;export CURSES_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/ncurses"

--
♥Ⓐ ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on