guix-devel

Re: java-swt and tuxguitar

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: java-swt and tuxguitar
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 19:42:28 +0200

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> after switching to GuixSD, I realised I need to do a little bit of android
> development, and tried to install the android sdk. Running the android
> script failed, since swt-pi-gtk-3550 could not be found. Something like
> this is provided by java-swt, but this package could not be built since
> its source has disappeared from the download location. So I updated from
> 4.5 to 4.6. Since the package provides libswt-pi-gtk-4623.so, I suppose I
> would have needed to downgrade to 3.5 instead...
>
> The upgrade broke the build of (the only dependent package) tuxguitar.
> The latter has seen a new release recently, but this does not build with the
> current recipe (the patched GNUmakefile does not exist any more). Ricardo,
> would you like to look into this, or should I simply revert the upgrade
> of java-swt and look for a location for its source?

Tuxguitar has been broken for a while, actually.  Even when the build
would succeed the programme wouldn’t work properly.

I have a WIP commit here with a rewrite of the Tuxguitar recipe using
the ant-build-system.  This actually worked for me last time I played
with it.  In a couple of days I’ll try to clean it up and submit it for
review.

There’s no need to revert your changes to java-swt.

~~ Ricardo