guix-devel

Go build system

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Go build system
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 17:36:21 -0400

Now that we have go-1.4 and (almost) go-1.5, we should start thinking
about a go-build-system.

I just wrote my first package using Go, the crude Syncthing package that
is attached. It still needs a lot of work, especially since it builds
Syncthing's dependencies from bundled copies instead of external
packages.

But, it does illustrate some of the assumptions that Go makes when
building. It seems that Go is very particular about directory
structures; it would be better if we could avoid these contortions by
setting some environment variables.

Should Go packages refer to the compiler? This Syncthing package does
retain a reference.

I hope to get some replies from some people who have been building Go
software for longer than 1 day ;)

This is the guide that I used to create this package:
https://docs.syncthing.net/dev/building.html