guix-devel

Re: mutt builds to fail on a barebones sytem

From: ng0
Subject: Re: mutt builds to fail on a barebones sytem
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 19:10:16 +0000

Hi,

Carlos Sánchez de La Lama writes:

> Hi all,
>
> in my new system (almost identical to the barebones template), mutt does
> not build:
>
> $ guix package -i mutt

> chgrp: invalid group: ‘mail’
> Can't fix mutt_dotlock's permissions!  This is required to lockmailboxes in
> the mail spool directory.
> Makefile:1337: recipe for target 'install-exec-hook' failed

This is most strange. On my GuixSD system mutt was able to
builtand install, but this was earliest on June 21th or 29th or
sometime between those dates.

> I have tried looking for a module which creates the mail group but I
> have not found it. Do I need to add "mail" to groups field on system
> definition? Or is it somehow automatically added it mutt is added at the
> system level?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Carlos

Could you provide some more info and maybe the system definition
you use?
I don't use the barebones template here, but with your system
definition file someone could reproduce the problem in a VM.

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on http://www.psyced.org