guix-devel

Re: Question about (properties `((python2-variant . , (delay XXX)))) an

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Question about (properties `((python2-variant . , (delay XXX)))) and name resolution
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:17:53 +0200

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> skribis:

> I tried that, but I still can't do
>
>   $ guix package -i ptpython-2
>
> because:
>
>   guix package: error: ptpython: package not found for version 2

[...]

>       (name "ptpython-2"))))

In the former command-line package specification syntax, which is still
supported but deprecated, “ptpython-2” was taken to mean “version 2 of
package ‘ptpython’”.  Because of this, you cannot refer to this
“ptpython-2” package from the command-line (except with -e).

The solution is to call it differently, like “ptpython2”.

Eventually (I’d say after 0.10.1 is released) we’ll remove support for
the old syntax and the problem will be gone.

HTH!
Ludo’.